Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The plans are here!

Every year the City of Fountain Inn, SC where I live they have a contest for outdoor Christmas decorations. Of course there is first, second, and third, but then there is the Sugar Plum Award! Its the award for the house that is most appealing to children! And I've wanted this for years. Well I didn't get it this year. I believe it was for lack of characters, inflatables, and not having as many lights as some others. But my parents and I are working on what we are adding next year. Going with Fountain Inn Spirit of Christmas Past festival I tried to find something retro that would put a twinkle in the eye of kids young and old. After much research I found website talking about plans for outdoor cutouts from a magazine called popular mechanics from back in the 60's. Near Christmas the magazine would have articles with plans of different cutouts that you would enlarge, cutout and paint yourself.

I thought that this would be perfect! Its funny, its nostalgia for older generations, and playful for the younger ones. So I went on a quest to find these plans and there was only one seller on eBay. I quickly ordered them and they just got here yesterday! I didn't realize they would be the actual pages but I'm happier that they were. I can't wait till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment