Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gingerbread Houses

So every year I think about entering the gingerbread house competition at The Grove Park Inn and every year I see who wins and think I'm not ready yet.


 Yeah definitely not ready. But that does not stop me from doing my own creations at home. Right?
My mother does a bible study with my sister and three other little girls and for their Christmas party and I was to teach them how to build and decorate ginger bread houses. It took me an hour and a half to put the house I did beforehand to show them. It took them three. So if you are going to make gingerbread houses with your kids don't think its a quick project. Even if your making it from a kit set aside at least three to four hours.
This one is mine. I added a wood pile to the side using left over gingerbread 

So after all the work with the girls and dealing with sides that were too heavy because of the overloaded decorations, I think they turned out pretty cute.




We baked the gingerbread from scratch and I will do a tutorial of how I did the first house with recipes later. Right now I'm a little gingerbreaded out!

No comments:

Post a Comment